Powered By Blogger

Sunday, August 14, 2011

A Vision and a Dream…..Truth is in the Custard.


The other night we went out to a restaurant that just opened here, two locations, and we decided to give them a try.  Can you say major disappointed.. that is putting it mildly? I looked at the restaurant website and have had friends back east rave about it. So I decided to let it rest after it opened, and figured it would be safe, first, it was 5:30pm on a Friday night, bad move, but it was close by so we went.


What I thought having never been to one was one thing, it was like having a bad dream, and waking up to realize that it is real.  I thought we be seated, it was just open seating, and it was packed, I secured seats, had my 9 & 11 year olds sit, while I went with my wife to order, the menu was hard to read, and the order taker didn’t read back the order, (hence the missed bacon on 3 cheeseburgers) I thought it would be in baskets, it was in paper boats, there was only 1 service station, and had only mustard & ketchup in pumps, and no plastic cutlery, but it came with dinners of some, (I didn’t get a spoon with my shake)..Hmm…and their French fries left a lot to be desired. A runner brings your order to the table, and no follow up like at Whataburger…My burger was uneventful, if I was in college, there wasn’t enough to write home about. They need to work with their staff, we might go back, but if I wanted just a burger, I rather go to Fudd’s or Whataburger, or Carl’s Jr. or In & Out, Five Guys was great, expensive, but lived up to the hype.


 In a market where they aren’t known they didn’t do a good enough job letting you know what to expect…The burger was good, but the bun wasn’t big enough to hold it all together, I may be picky, but to give them credit where it’s due, the shake was good, and their private label root beer was great, I should have gotten a float. Maybe we will go back after all…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger